THE DEEPAK Izod impact strength test is an ASTM D256 standard method of determining the impact resistance of materials. A pivoting arm is raised to a specific height (constant potential energy) and then released. The arm swings down hitting a notched sample, breaking the specimen. The energy absorbed by the sample is calculated from the height the arm swings to after hitting the sample. A notched sample is generally used to determine impact energy and notch sensitivity. The test is similar to the Charpy impact test but uses a different arrangement of the specimen under test. The Izod impact test differs from the Charpy impact test in that the sample is held in a cantilevered beam configuration as opposed to a three-point bending configuration.
- Compact design
- Anti-corrosive body
- Easy to operate
- Hammer remote control facilities - Optional
- Izod Impact
- ISO 179 Charpy Impact
- ISO 180 Izod Impact
- ASTM D6110 Charpy Impact
- ASTM D4812 Un-notched cantilever beam Impact
- ASTM D4508 Chip Impact
- ASTM D950 Adhesive bond Impact
- System Status: digital, HMI Interface based.
- Vice Accessories: IZOD & CHARPY Vice
- Impact Speed: 3.46 m/s
- Scale Range: 5 J; 10 J; 15 J: 25 J
- Leas count: 0.01 j
- Result expressed in term: J, J/m, J/m2, J/cm2, Kj/cm2
- Power Supply: 230V Ac, 50Hz, Single Phase.