Generally Plastics Films are used for 'Packaging Application', and undergo wear & tear. Hence study of 'Impact' Resistance is established to evaluate the quality and mechanical property of the film.
This method covers the determination of the energy that causes Plastics Film to rupture under specific conditions of impact of a Free Falling Dart (load). This energy is expressed in terms of weight (mass) of the missile falling from a specified height which would result in %age specimen's failure tested.
- Dimension (W x D x H): 22 x 20 x 84 (inch)
- Dart: As per IS – 2508 and ASTM D 1709 standard
- Supply: 220/230 V AC, 50 Hz Single Phase
- Approx Weight: 75 kg
- The evaluation of 'Impact Strength' of different types of Plastics Films & Sheet, Decorative Laminates, Corrugated roofing sheets etc.
- Dart with different weights are available to drop from different height to study the fracture of the product.
- To clamp film specimen tightly, 'Vacuum Clamping System' is provided with 'Vacuum Ring & Gauge'.
- Electromagnetic Dart Holder is provided so as to hold the dart and drop at press of button.
- Evaluation can be carried out as per 'IS-2508, ASTM D-1709 & BIS-2782' standards.
Accessories can be provided as per different standard requirement.