Deepak carbon black content tester has been designed incorporating many features and new ideas. The apparatus conforms to the most recognized national and international standards including BIS, ISO, ASTM, etc.
To determine the average of carbon black content especially in polyethylene materials by pyrolysis method, like plastic pipes, films, sheets, cables, water tanks etc., this equipment is very useful for evaluation of carbon black content. Carbon black is used in plastic as a UV stabilizer to prevent degradation of plastic by UV radiation. It is also possible to find out ash content in plastic material by this instrument.
Designed and manufactured as per the following standards:
- IS 2530 / 2508
- ASTM D 1603 or equivalents
- Compact tubular furnace to get temperature up to 800º C with microprocessor based PID temperature controller.
- The furnace contains 2.0 KW heating element wound on a tubular 'Quartz' tube.
- Provided with nitrogen gas purification and moisture absorption system.
- Specimen is heated in controlled nitrogen atmosphere (inert atmosphere).
- Instrument is heavily insulated with glass wool and insulation/fire bricks.
- Relevant glass wares and gas flow regulator meter provided with the machine for purification and regulation of the nitrogen gas.
- Power Requirement: 220/230 V AC, 50 Hz Single Phase.