Deepak friction tester is primarily designed to determine the co-efficient of friction of plastic films, sheets, laminates, pipes and paper etc. The equipment provides measurement of static and kinetic co-efficient of friction. The apparatus conforms to BS 2782 and ASTM D –1894 and other equivalent standards.
Measurement of frictional properties may be made on a film or sheeting specimen when sliding over itself or over another substance. The co-efficient of friction are related to the slip properties of plastic films that are of wide interest in packaging application. These methods yield empirical data for control purpose in film production. Co-relation of test results with actual performance can usually be established.
- Microprocessor based programmable LCD digital display unit with memory back-up.
- With computer interfacing software facility (Rs-232 to Rs-485 convertor system).
- With master software CD & interfacing cable with USB connectivity.
- Variable speed control system with AC drive digital speed indicator.
- Speed selection: 10 mm /min TO 300 mm/min.
- Sled movement of 300mm/min.
- With overload protection system for loadcell.
- With autostop facility after 300mm travel.
- Electronic flat bar type load cell, available with 700 "or" 1500 gmf capacity.
- Panasonic make compact AC geared motor & compact gear box system.
- Sled with steel and rubber combination.
- Movement of Sled is based on friction less linear guide system to avoid play in running mode.
- S.S. High Polish Moving Platform with guide and scale with auto reverse on/off selection facility.
- Attachment available for peel of strength of plastic adhesive film, at extra cost.
- Power Requirement: 220/230 V AC, 50 Hz Single Phase.